Cybersecurity in our Daily Lives
We are living in an age when almost every aspect of our daily lives is related to the internet in some way. We spend most of our time doing things involving the internet like online shopping and engaging in social media. While it has made our lives more convenient, it comes with risks if not handled with caution.
Oftentimes, when we talk about Cybersecurity and Cybercrime, what comes to mind are government level operations that require high level of security. This is a misconception. Cybersecurity is for everyone and can be affective in our daily lives.
All our data regarding security information, health information, personal information, financial information are stored on the internet. It is important to provide it with the necessary security. Hackers are frighteningly brilliant at what they do and they will stop at nothing to get anyone’s private information so long as it would benefit them. There are countless types of cyberattacks and regular people like us are not prone to them. We are in fact, the most vulnerable without cybersecurity in place.
So what is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity requires a set of layered solutions working together to give you the best chance of protecting your information online. It uses established products, services, and best practices to guard against both malicious and unintentional acts of online vandalism. The goal is to provide the best chance of guarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computer systems, networks, and data against all kinds of cyber threats.
Your Business and Cyber Security
Cybersecurity is more than just a few antivirus and security programs being in place. The truth is, lack of proper knowledge about cybersecurity is one of the biggest factors in any breach. A cyber attack on a business becomes a threat to its consumers. Erring on the side of caution, we have compiled a list of things you can do to protect your business and inspire confidence in your customers.
- Educate employees
- Minimize access to data and computer systems
- Monitor systems and networks 24/7 to respond quickly in case of a breach
- Have adequate information security policies in place
- Backup your data
- Invest in the global leader for cybersecurity – invest in Bitdefender GravityZone!
The Current State of Cybersecurity
of company networks can be accessed by cyber criminals
of cyberattack per week were recorded in 2021
were stolen through email compromise since 2016
of businesses today have a cyber security plan in place
BitDefender Gravity Zone as your Protection
GravityZone offers a ton of features that provide businesses with the best protection without sacrificing performance. It helps you save money and time. Here are some of its most reputable benefits:
- Provides anti-virus and anti-malware
- Blocks intrusion and computer hijack attempts
- Blocks access to malicious Web sites
- Protects your data by taking advantage of the native device encryption to ensure full compatibility and maximized performance.
- Ensure your employees keep their computers secure and up-to-date
- Bitdefender is recognized as a cybersecurity leader by independent testing organizations, industry analyst firms and media outlets
We're here for you.
Whether you need our services, have any questions, or simply to provide us with your feedback – we’ll be waiting. Let us know!